For beauty and wellness
1. The National Costumes Centre “SENĀ KLĒTS” (“OLD GRANARY”) is the storehouse for the magnificent and rich heritage of Latvian national costumes kept for future generations. Every item in SENĀ KLĒTS has been lovingly hand-made by outstanding Latvian craftsmen and shows the National Costumes in all colors and variety, as well as the historical path of the people from the archeological dress co-etnographic. You can get acquainted with every colorful article of of every historical region, the traditions of wearing clothes and the skills and taste of the craftsmen.
2. The "Laima" clock is not only a decade-long meeting point for lovers and friends. This is the symbol of Riga, which will make time countdown until November 18, 2018, 17.00. This will be the centenary of the Proclamation of the Republic of Latvia. From the clock, you can see the Freedom Monument - the Latvian people's sanctuary, the witness of its fate from the early antiquity and the battle of Lacplesis to the First World War and the establishment of an independent state, the Soviet occupation and the storms of the Second World War until the awakening of the people of Latvia and regained FATHERLAND and FREEDOM.
"Laima" is also the largest chocolate factory in Latvia, from the former luxury with a sophisticated range of chocolate products to the present, when the Chocolate Museum in the factory building gives an insight into the process of processing the cocoa beans to the exquisite treat.
3. Dzintars store. / Dzintars was founded in 1849 and today is the oldest and most experienced cosmetics and perfumery manufacturer in the Nordic countries that produces beauty products in a wide range of choices. For women, men and children, the range of products includes body, hair and face care, and make-up. "Dzintara" perfumery stands out with Nordic serenity and elegance.
4. "Lāči" bakery’s shop. The Latvian national cuisine is not imaginable without the coarse-rye bread, which has not only the strength of the earth, but also the smell of rye fields that bloom in July. "Lāči" have become one of the biggest bakeries, where in the bread baking furnaces cooked in wood, according to the ancestral tradition, a wide variety of coarse bread, sweet bacon, white bread, biscuits, and cakes is baked. The store offers ordinary bread and bread with various additives, carrots, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and bread with low sugar content. Demand from many countries around the world shows the popularity and quality of products, and anyone can have a tasting of it.
5. Latvian crafts. There are ancient traditions of handicrafts and craftsmanship in Latvia - fabrics, knitted wool and linen -painted with natural plant colors, pottery, scented crockery, wrought iron, wooden tableware and household items. Visitors have the opportunity to see the craftsmen’s ability to weave and participate in doll making.
6. Honey room. From the first attempts to create and domesticate honey bees, a long way has been walked to today's meadows. At one time there was a disagreement between the local tribes that lead to the battles between the tribes. Honey and its related products are invaluable in both medicine and beauty, and are widely used in sauna traditions. The honey room introduces the traditions of the beekeeping and the diverse products of it: 12 different types of honey, propolis, bee bread, pollen, honey delicacies with nuts, cranberries, wax candles and also offers tastings of the honey.
7. Ancient Baltic jewellery. Wearing jewellery is an ancient tradition, the simplest of jewellery was worn with home clothes, luxurious ones with the festive costume - brooches, bracelets, rings. Glamorously embroidered linen shirts and blouses. The Latvian national costumes are unthinkable without jewellery, they are different for each ethnographic region: the simpler ones from Vidzeme, richer in the South Kurzeme.
8. Shop "Pienene". In each tourist guide you can find information on the oldest vineyards in the north - Sabile Wine hill, created in the 14th-16th century and completely restored in the first free Latvia time in 1936. However, today's Latvian winemakers have created variety of vines suitable for Nordic climate in larger or smaller vineyards in each district. Our winemakers are able to produce not only traditional grape drinks, but also widely use everything provided by the garden and field - berries, fruits, rhubarbs, dandelion and even oak leave wines. In "Pienene" you can get acquainted with Latvian wines and enjoy the taste of different wines at the tasting.
Amber Room. How to forget about the tears of the pine trees - the sun's stone - amber from the resin, the visit of the Amber Room.
Meeting point: Town Hall Square, Ratslaukums 7 ,The House of the Blackheads, in office of agency.
Please book 3 days in advance.
Starting from 4 persons